K Paint is a Silicone Masonry Paint providing an attractive, matt, coloured finish for exterior use on masonry substrates. Manufactured with a combination of silicone resin and mineral fillers to provide outstanding water repellence.
Features & Benefits ;
Water Repellent Silicone allows water to bead on the surface, helping maintain a clean durable finish.
Resistant to Algae and Fungi maintains the long-term appearance of the home or building.
Available in 21 colours
Breathable, Excellent resistance to blistering and peeling by allowing water to evaporate from the masonry.
Environment friendly water based and VOC free.
Field of Application;
K Paint can be applied to a range of new and existing masonry substrates, including;
- Renders and mortars
- An 18kg container of paint will sufficiently cover approx. 45-65m2 using two coats on a smooth surface, as per the application
- For textured surfaces a coverage of approx. 30-36m2 per 18kg container should be assumed.
- Coverage will be further reduced for very rough surfaces.
- Density: approximately 1.5 kg/litre
- A sample to check colour and final appearance is recommended.
- Surfaces should be fully cured, dry, level and free from efflorescence as well as loose or friable materials including coatings, oil, soot,
lichen, algae and dust.
- All necessary repairs to the surface should be carried out before application.
- Treat existing fungal or algal growth with K Rend Algae Clean prior to coating with K Paint.
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass brick & flooring.
- Protect weather exposed surfaces during drying.
- The paint should be stirred well prior to use.
- Full elevations and adjoining panels should be coated with the same batch of paint to ensure colour consistency.
- Apply a first coat of K Paint, diluted up to 10% with clean water.
- Once the first coat has fully dried, apply a second coat of K Paint, undiluted.
- The drying time between coats is approximately 8-12 hours.
- K Paint can be applied by brush, roller and spray. Seek technical advice for further details.
- Do not apply this product at temperatures below 5 degrees or 30 degrees